Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Ethir Anduin Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?


Well, this project is created to share the idea of corruptibility of living with the listeners, the idea that one should not ignore sorrow, grief, pain, etc. These are important constituents of each of us, part of all that fills us up. From these feelings we learn to see the better outcome of certain events in our lives. My music does not have any specific framework. It’s not a commercial project, but just feelings and experiences expressed in sounds. This is the music for those with developed synaesthesia, those for whom not the words are important, but sensations.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?
I tried to get the sound reflecting all the black and darkness of the human soul, the sound of ancient evil. Wall of malice and despair, where colors of the life fade away, leaving only black and white gradient. However for many people this is just Black and Doom metal. I see it somewhat differently.
   
3.Most of your music has been instrumental, are you open to using any vocals in the future?
Yes, from the very beginning the project was intended to be instrumental. However, it was decided later to use vocals from time to time or even on a constant basis. But it turned to be difficult to find a vocalist who could, first and foremost, enrich and understand my music. More often people want to express themselves, which makes music completely different, creates another different atmosphere. So the position of a vocalist is still vacant.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Ethir Anduin'?
The name was taken from the Tolklien’s books. I’m greatly inspired by the world created by this author. ‘Anduin’ is the name of the river in the Middle-earth.  Ethir Anduin means ‘Mouths of Anduin’ - the area where the river broadens dividing the land into halves. It makes it look like a giant mouth of an unknown creature. So, I wanted to create my own world made of sounds and music. 

5.You have released a lot of music over the years, do you put a great amount of time and effort into the musical project?
This project is one of the first priorities in my life and takes most of my time and effort. I create music in a certain state of mind and soul. It’s not possible to express all the melancholy of life without feeling it.

6.With this musical project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?
Yes, I’m open to working with others. Currently I record an album which is expected to be released in 2016. Some of the tracks will be done together with invited musicians – mostly vocalists and may be a drummer.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and doom metal?
We generally communicate in social networking sites (Vkontakte, Facebook). Sometimes I reply to offers and questions via e-mail. It’s a great pleasure when listeners find you and get interested in your music.  I receive messages containing opinions and comments from all over Europe and Asia. Most of them come from Ukraine and Czech Republic.

8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?
Yes, I am. Apart from this project I participate in several other bands as a lead guitarist: Bestial Deform (satanic death metal) and The Taos Hum (deathcore/hardcore). One more non-metallic project - ERNAA( darkwave/8-bit)

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Well, I had thoughts to create something in a style of heavy metal of eighties. But I hope to continue grow further in Black Metal.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
When I started listen Metal the first project I learned of was Burzum!! It made the deepest impression on me. Later on I learned more bands and found those which impressed me pretty much as well. They were  Thy Serpent, Dimmu Borgir, Nyktalgia, Windir, Shining(sweden), Darkthrone, Satyricon, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Immolation.
Now  more and more often I’m listening to Depressive Black Metal and Beatdown Hardcore, Deathcore, Funeral Doom. Some of them are Coldworld, Suicide Silence, All Shall Perish, Doom:vs, Swallow the Sun, Black Sun Aeon, Forgotten Tomb, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Nasty etc.

11.Does Paganism or Occultism play any role in your music?
Yes, of course. I see the world through the lens of northern paganism; all my music and feelings pass through it. It is a part of me. Occultism is an integral part of music and life as well. The place where I live is shrouded in legends and scary tales of sacrifices, rituals, witches and different forces. You can feel everything walking in our northern woods.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?
Except music, I am drawing, doing photography and interested in history. I like reading books on post apocalypse and occultism. When the weather is mild and warm enough I spend all my free time outside walking in the woods and marshes.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I don't even have the words, heh. I’m very pleased to know my music is appreciated in such country as USA. It’s really cool! There is something I want to tell the listeners: If you want to get a deep feeling of the essence of northern life, understand feelings of people living here, you have chosen the right music!
Thank you for the interview, HAIL666!\m/

Bandcamp
Facebook
Official website
VKontakte

No comments:

Post a Comment